Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I am a geek?

Hi there all. Glad you could find the time to visit.

This short story, can hopefully explain to those of us out there who think the same way I used to about Geeks. What is a geek? Hmmm
I didn't need to think very long when Ian asked me that question about six months ago when I said something about geeks. Not sure what brought the whole thing up anyhow. I said to him, It's some idiot that sits in front of a computer all day. Was I right or wrong. Beep, Wrong answer. He said Dad (always the respectful one he is) " now the thumper" You are a Geek. Ten years ago I would have clouted him.
'What do you do" he says. Had to think about that for a while. And you know what? He was right. What did I do? Now (six months later for those of you with bad short term memories) let me explain for the misinformed out there what I think a geek is. All opinions used will be my own. I have done no research on the matter so I can't blame anyone else. If you don't like what I say, sue me, the pc I use has my sisters name on it. But if you want the clothes of my back, you are welcome. Time I bummed some more from my brother anyway. Go for it.

Right now that's out of the way. This is my opinion.
Geeks are some of the most important people in the world today in this time of fast foods, fast cars, Idiot boxes (tv) and all the other wonderful things available to us. If you read the whole of this blog site then you would have gathered that I was an outdoors type of a person. Maybe even a Jock type ( whatever that means) Sure we never had all these funny words 30 years ago. Lets think about the word geek. Look it up if you like. I am too lazy to do that for you as well. When you are in the supermarket and their computers, tills etc. are offline Who do you think is the guy that fixes it so you don't spend all week in the queue. Right. It must be a geek. When you can't go online to msn, google, facebook or skype. Or even if your cellphone does not work or won't connect to wherever. Who do you think fixes that. Right again. The geek.

Everywhere we see computer technology in todays world. Everything is controlled by computers. You can't buy a packet of smokes without it being scanned by some extension of a computer. So if you see a skinny little guy with glasses on you may call him a geek if you like. It's a great compliment in my opinion. And don't be fooled, they aren't all skinny little guys. Some are close to seven foot tall. I'll get one to post his picture here if you like. In these last 6 months or so I have got to know a few of these guys. And they are wonderful people. And in todays world you will need the help of a geek more often than from the body builder down the road. So in closing this early morning blog I would just like to say " Kudos to all the geeks" you surely rule the world. I am proud to be called a geek. appy geek.

No comments: